As a member of Glide’s Quality Assurance Team you will plan and conduct activities concerned with the quality assurance of software and systems. An important part of the job is to identify, analyze and document problems with software applications following an established QA methodology.
Essential job functions:
- Evaluate and test new software applications according to business and functional requirements
- Perform API level testing, system testing, black box functional testing, UI testing, and white box testing
- Apply test methodology, engineering and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies for the analysis and certification of products
- Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, design, test and/or integration to assure the quality for large and complex projects
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Communicate significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management
- Prepare reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities
- Present technical and program information to team members and management
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Ideal candidate’s qualifications and experience:
- Proven 2-4 years prior experience in Quality Assurance
- Bachelors degree in computer science, technology or related field
- Prior experience with small companies and dynamic projects
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life cycle and QA’s role in it
- Testing experience with mobile environments
- Adept in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Additional experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
Glide is a communication product design company, founded in 2012. The company pioneered instant video messaging (think: video walkie walkie), and is the market leader in photo and video apps for Apple Watch. The company’s 2019 mission is to build the killer app for Apple Watch, and sell millions of wrist cameras.
Glide’s debut hardware product, CMRA, is a Dual-HD camera band that pioneers the smart-band ecosystem for Apple Watch and its over 40 million owners. CMRA is the first to turn the watch into a bonafide content creation tool, and enable live video wrist communication. You can see a 35-second product video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zos7RMttO-g&feature=youtu.be
CMRA was developed internally at Glide by an ex Apple Watch Program Manager and GoPro’s former Hardware Lead who designed the Hero 4 and Hero 5 action cameras. The company is advised by several senior ex Apple execs who believe in the product and its strategic value to Apple. Over 10,000 CMRA devices were pre-sold to date. CMRA is on schedule to begin shipping in Summer 2018, followed by select retail availability in late 2018.
Glide was recently listed on the 10 Most Innovative Companies for Video (Fast Company), and Glide’s Founder/CEO was included in 35 Innovators Under 35 by MIT Technology Review.