If you are a Front-End Developer with amazing software design skills, strong experience building mobile and web-based applications, and a passion for leading and delivering beautiful products, please read on! This role will concentrate on designing and building the front end of our products.
The ideal candidate loves design, CSS, React, Angular…. and food!
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, design, human-computer interaction (HCI), human behavior psychology/science, or equivalent professional experience as a user experience designer
- Responsive web design with browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools including experience with cross-browser considerations
- Passionate about emerging mobile and Internet software development concepts and technologies
- Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects
- Really care about front end performance
- Thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure situations
- Enjoy collaborating with designers
- Make solid technical judgments and back them up articulately
- Be able to solve problems in a creative manner
- Be able to get things done
- Be willing to work hard for a huge upside
- Contribute to a fun working environment
- Have good taste in designing for the web
- Be willing to work on a variety of projects, platforms and languages
- Be willing to learn new skills
You’ll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team.
- Frame, prototype, tie-up through pixel perfection
- Maintain strong knowledge on industry trends, new technologies, and best practices for front end development
- Work with sales and marketing teams to establish landing pages, graphic materials, and collateral for various audience and event driven campaigns
- Code and deploy complex front-end UI for responsive web and mobile native properties while delivering clean, efficient, well-documented code employing industry best-practices
- Partner closely with Product and UI/UX to design and deliver the best user experiences closely tied to our brand
Glide is a visual messaging app offering lightning-fast video chat experiences on mobile and wearable devices. Glide’s mission is to make authentic communication incredibly accessible, and since its release in 2012, the app has attracted millions of users who have sent billions of messages on the platform. In November 2016, Glide debuted CMRA: An industry-first smart watchband for Apple Watch, featuring two HD cameras for seamless photo and video capture and communication directly from the wrist. In 2016, Glide was selected by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies for Video, and Glide team members were named in the 100 Most Creative People in Business by Fast Company and 35 Innovators Under 35 by MIT Technology Review.
At Glide, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate.