We’re looking for a marketing superstar to join Glide/CMRA. As the Director of Product Marketing, your objective is to create one of the most iconic consumer brands. We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let’s talk.
The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, and cares deeply about our mission to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. The role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and is located in San Mateo, CA.
More specifically, you will:
- Drive the development of positioning and value propositions for our products as well as adoption, engagement, and retention efforts across platform
- Create effective go-to-market plans considering value proposition, target audiences, competitive landscapes, and other factors by collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy and communications sequencing
- Manage and build an integrated and knowledgeable product marketing organization integral to the success of the company’s hardware, software and content experiences
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership
- Meet product adoption and engagement goals by identifying and informing barriers and opportunities for success, and by partnering with Marketing Communications and PR teams to initiative and inform effective and efficient marketing materials and campaigns
- Identify long-term opportunities and strategic views of product(s) direction based on market assessment, qualitative research and quantitative analysis
- Develop relationships with engineers, product managers, and customer support team members to achieve our growth goals
- Research product & industry trends relative to competitors and develop content to position against competitors on an ongoing basis
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user
You’d be a great candidate if you hit many of these traits below:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in consumer technology, hardware or software technology companies
- 3+ years in leadership role in building teams and cross-functional relationships
- You have a successful track record of launching & scaling mass-market consumer products or services that people cannot live without for a range of consumer power brands
- You are a teacher and communicator, having extensive experience in people management, coaching and mentoring
- Combination of visionary, strategic and pragmatic experience, encompassing both strategic product marketing experience and hands-on execution
- Experience in using data and insights to inform corporate and product strategy
- Experience launching and marketing multiple online consumer products
- Ability to work collaboratively with growth marketing, product, design and engineering
- Strong eye for design
- Must be able to bring it not just sing it
Glide is a communication product design company, founded in 2012. The company pioneered instant video messaging (think: video walkie walkie), and is the market leader in photo and video apps for Apple Watch. The company’s 2019 mission is to build the killer app for Apple Watch, and sell millions of wrist cameras.
Glide’s debut hardware product, CMRA, is a Dual-HD camera band that pioneers the smart-band ecosystem for Apple Watch and its over 40 million owners. CMRA is the first to turn the watch into a bonafide content creation tool, and enable live video wrist communication. You can see a 35-second product video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zos7RMttO-g&feature=youtu.be
CMRA was developed internally at Glide by an ex Apple Watch Program Manager and GoPro’s former Hardware Lead who designed the Hero 4 and Hero 5 action cameras. The company is advised by several senior ex Apple execs who believe in the product and its strategic value to Apple. Over 10,000 CMRA devices were pre-sold to date. CMRA is on schedule to begin shipping in Summer 2018, followed by select retail availability in late 2018.
Glide was recently listed on the 10 Most Innovative Companies for Video (Fast Company), and Glide’s Founder/CEO was included in 35 Innovators Under 35 by MIT Technology Review.