Brand and Graphic Designer
We’re looking for a Killer Designer to join Glide/CMRA. Your objective is to create one of the most iconic consumer brands. As a Graphic & Brand Designer, your mission will be to create and design visual materials to build and manage our brand equity in both online and offline worlds. Combine your marketing and graphic design set of skills to improve our brand awareness and seduce our core-target audience.
Inspired by the greatest brands, your role will be key in messaging and creating the visual communication that helps our beloved users (and future ones) to embrace our products, our apps, our brands.
The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment and enjoy tackling the full spectrum of design work – from print and graphics to web design. We’re looking for someone smart, fun and passionate about design. GREAT taste is a necessity. Must be a team player, communicate well, and bring their great attitude and strong work ethic to the office every day. All applicants must provide an online portfolio or dribbble account.
- Take projects through all phases of the creative process; from brainstorming and concepts, through execution and delivery
- Create assets for websites, newsletters, social media, digital and print advertisements, events, packaging and marketing materials
- Create new marketing landing pages, product pages and other design features on the website, coordinating launches and troubleshooting design issues with marketing team
- Develop email designs and templates and have the code/upload into email marketing tool with a mobile-first approach
- Provide support for photography and video projects, such as image retouching, image selects, art direction of shoots and video title design
- Evaluate projects beyond visual design and look for ways to brainstorm better strategy, copy, etc
- Stay on brand—until you can’t
- Work within a design system while recognizing opportunities to draw outside the lines and improve our design language
- Partner with product, and marketing teams to find and develop our best stories and turn them into engaging marketing
You’d be a great candidate if you hit many of these traits below:
- Your up-to-date portfolio speaks for itself
- Adept at shifting gears between the whiteboard to your sketch book to Adobe CS
- Lives a streamlined workflow between CS apps while being well-versed in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Visual problem solver—you dissect complex information to simplify and abstract it for easier audience digestion
- Process thinker—addresses design challenges and can clearly articulate a step-by-step approach for coming up with a solution
- You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get into the work because you know that there’s a time to design and there’s a time to build—both being equally important to create great work
- Asks questions until the next steps are absolutely clear in their mind’s eye
- Communicates well to listen and understand client and stakeholder needs to make the project successful
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- You hold yourself accountable before you hold others accountable
- Have worked in a world where design is seen as communication rather than fine art
- Enjoy guiding and teaching others as much as doing
- 3 years of experience at a design firm/studio/agency or an in-house design position with a consumer products company
- Strong visual design skills, and solid intuition and passion for interaction design
- Degree in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Track record of successful design
- Have a great portfolio with both print and digital work that displays you have solved real world design problems.
- You have lead a project from conceptual beginning to a successful end.
- You know how to present your designs and communicate what problems they are solving. Being able to give and receive feedback is a must
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Ability to prototype designs (in code or using a prototyping tool)
- Technical background or a strong familiarity with software engineering
- Bonus points: After Effects experience, illustration skills, HTML, CSS, dribbble account
Glide is a communication product design company, founded in 2012. The company pioneered instant video messaging (think: video walkie walkie), and is the market leader in photo and video apps for Apple Watch. The company’s 2019 mission is to build the killer app for Apple Watch, and sell millions of wrist cameras.
Glide’s debut hardware product, CMRA, is a Dual-HD camera band that pioneers the smart-band ecosystem for Apple Watch and its over 40 million owners. CMRA is the first to turn the watch into a bonafide content creation tool, and enable live video wrist communication. You can see a 35-second product video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zos7RMttO-g&feature=youtu.be
CMRA was developed internally at Glide by an ex Apple Watch Program Manager and GoPro’s former Hardware Lead who designed the Hero 4 and Hero 5 action cameras. The company is advised by several senior ex Apple execs who believe in the product and its strategic value to Apple. Over 10,000 CMRA devices were pre-sold to date. CMRA is on schedule to begin shipping in Summer 2018, followed by select retail availability in late 2018.
Glide was recently listed on the 10 Most Innovative Companies for Video (Fast Company), and Glide’s Founder/CEO was included in 35 Innovators Under 35 by MIT Technology Review.