Glide’s Live Video Messaging App Comes to iPad; Photo Sharing & Offline Message Recording Added
Live video messaging on smartphones and tablets is changing the way people communicate
NEW YORK, March 19, 2015 – Glide, the Israeli startup whose popular live video messenger has attracted more than 15 million users since launching less than 2 years ago, today released Glide 3.0 for iOS. Glide 3.0, which is free in the App Store, introduces new features frequently requested by Glide’s rapidly growing user base. The app now offers native iPad support, instant photo sharing and offline video recording.
Glide 3.0 for iOS utilizes the company’s patented, cloud-based video streaming technology that enables quality video to be sent and received instantly, even when only connected to legacy 3G networks. Glide’s unique features include:
- Single tap to record and send live video messages
- Video messages up to 5 minutes long (20-30x longer than other messaging apps)
- Unsend messages you created whenever you want and they permanently disappear from all recipients’ devices
- All messages are saved to Glide’s secure private cloud and don’t eat up memory on your devices
- Watch video messages live or later; re-watch them anytime
Additional features include:
- Easily share messages with friends who don’t yet have Glide
- Glide video messages use less than half the data of video calls
- Video chat in private groups with up to 50 of your friends
- Share videos via Facebook or Twitter; quickly forward messages to friends already on Glide
- Use filters to make your videos look awesome
“Today’s update is for our incredible community of millions of users who continually give us great feedback about the product and suggest new features they would like to see,” said Adam Korbl, Glide’s Chief Product & Marketing Officer. “We are pleased to satisfy many popular requests, including support for iPad, photo messaging, and offline video recording. With Glide’s new offline mode, whenever you record videos without an Internet connection, the app will automatically send your messages as soon as you come back online.”
In addition to the aforementioned core features of Glide, Glide 3.0 for iOS includes these new features:
- Glide for iPad – Enjoy Glide on a larger screen; watch and record videos in landscape mode
- Photo Sharing – Share pictures straight from your native Photo Gallery
- Offline Mode – Record videos without an Internet connection; Glide seamlessly delivers your messages in the background when you come back online
- Record and Review – You can now record and review a video before sending it, and more easily send videos to friends and group chats
- Status – See when Glide friends are online or recently active, recording a live video, watching a message, or texting
Glide 3.0 for iOS is now available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on the App Store or at http://Glide.me.
Founded in 2012, Glide is the world’s first and only messaging application to leverage streaming video technology. Glide provides a new way for consumers to communicate from smartphones and tablets via video. The lightning fast app combines the benefits of video calling and text messaging – without their respective limitations. Glide messages start being delivered in less than one second, allowing video messages of up to 5 minutes to be viewed and replied to by the recipient either immediately or later. Glide is available free on iOS and Android.
For more information, please visit http://Glide.me. Follow Glide on Twitter (@GlideApp), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/glideme) or Instagram (@theglideapp). Glide’s press kit can be found at bit.ly/GlidePressKit.