Lead UX/UI Designer
Glide is transforming the way people capture and share their lives.
We’re looking for a passionate, well-rounded, and extremely talented UX/UI Designer to join the Glide Team. This person will help bring the next evolution of the Glide brand and products to life through relevant, beautiful, and engaging experiences. You’ll also play a leading role in defining the camera capture experience of tomorrow, through leading software design efforts for our groundbreaking CMRA Apple Watch Camera, and beyond.
You’ll play a critical role in helping us create magical software and hardware product experiences that work seamlessly across different platforms and eclectic user types around the world at a time of incredible growth for our business. Glide products span the physical and digital worlds. Our vision is to build Glide into one of the most valuable and meaningful brands of the 21st Century.
What You Will Do
- Create a world class user experience for our mobile applications across iOS, Android and watchOS, through pixel perfect layouts, styling, and interactions and help to invent a modern and elegant visual language
- Execute on all phases of the design process—from wireframing concepts and creating pixel-perfect visuals to final hand-off to engineering
- Prototype innovative solutions that go beyond interfaces and product specs to user goals, storyboards and journey maps
- Assist with user testing that involves analyzing data, A/B testing, and assimilating user feedback and activity
- Perform research to thoroughly understand user motivations, market opportunities and competition
- Work with an awesome team of smart, motivated people on cool and unique projects that will be used by millions of active users every day
- Contribute to a collaborative culture in maintaining openness to new or different ideas, seeking out and incorporating input from other team members, and making a creative contribution to other studio projects
Skills We’re Stoked About
- 4+ years of experience in UX and UI design at a relevant brand or agency; Portfolio or samples are required
- A background in Human–Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a related field
- Ability to wireframe, prototype, visually pixel push and validate work using the usual tools like Sketch, InVision and Adobe Suite
- You are curious, empathetic, and humble; you know you don’t have all the answers, so you seek input early and often from others
- You have a passion for User Experience and designing interfaces that effectively serve the needs of the user and the business
- You can work collaboratively across different teams with different skillsets, including Marketing and Product Managers, Engineers and Stakeholders
- Experience with testing and usability labs, and rapid prototyping experience in agile environments
- You’re a strategic and conceptual thinker as well as a tactical and pragmatic practitioner who Gets Stuff Done
- You know when to uphold design conventions — and when to break them
- You’re curious and love exploration, but are a true a problem-solver at heart
- You want to learn, grow and elevate those around you, and are the kind of person others want to work with
- A Leader, excited to lead design discussions and provide improvements to make a streamlined design process
- Experienced, with 4+ years of design experience and Bachelor’s degree in Human Interaction, User Experience, or related fields; experience in watchOS development. Mobile experience required
- Collaborative, excel in communicating designs and ideas to engineers, product managers, and executives
- Problem Solver, curiosity drives you to find new ways to approach today’s challenges
- Innovative, have a strong desire to push design standards forward with various technology challenges
- Detail-oriented, you can find and pursue solutions with precision at each step of the process as well as help others see flaws within the design language across the product
Glide is a communication product design company, founded in 2012. The company pioneered instant video messaging (think: video walkie walkie), and is the market leader in photo and video apps for Apple Watch. The company’s 2019 mission is to build the killer app for Apple Watch, and sell millions of wrist cameras.
Glide’s debut hardware product, CMRA, is a Dual-HD camera band that pioneers the smart-band ecosystem for Apple Watch and its over 40 million owners. CMRA is the first to turn the watch into a bonafide content creation tool, and enable live video wrist communication. You can see a 35-second product video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zos7RMttO-g&feature=youtu.be
CMRA was developed internally at Glide by an ex Apple Watch Program Manager and GoPro’s former Hardware Lead who designed the Hero 4 and Hero 5 action cameras. The company is advised by several senior ex Apple execs who believe in the product and its strategic value to Apple. Over 10,000 CMRA devices were pre-sold to date. CMRA is on schedule to begin shipping in Summer 2018, followed by select retail availability in late 2018.
Glide was recently listed on the 10 Most Innovative Companies for Video (Fast Company), and Glide’s Founder/CEO was included in 35 Innovators Under 35 by MIT Technology Review.